If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got! Many clients come to us asking for static guards for their sites because that is what they have always used. In 85% of instances now though, a static guard is not required and the RaiderVision video based temporary security system backed up by rapid guard & police response is more than sufficient to protect the site. Of course there will always be instances where a static guard is required, but these are becoming less and less all the time. The only real applications for a static guard these days are
- On vast sites where the operators require a guard to protect the site not just out of hours, but during the working day and to control site ingress and egress.
- Sites in areas of the country where there are multiple intrusions every night. This is not a common issue but it does happen
The RaiderVision Alternative to Static Guards
If you haven’t watched our explainer video yet, the reasons why a Raidervision temporary alarm system is a better option than a static guard are
- An out of hours static guard is typically on a site for 108 hours per week at an hourly rate of £10 – £15 per hour. This is £1080 – £1620 per week, or up to £84,240 + VAT per year. Put it another way, it’s the price of a brand new Porsche 911 + a tank of fuel + insurance etc. A RaiderVision system typically cost 75% LESS per week than a static guard.
- In well over 95% of instances, the RaiderVision high output siren scares off the intruder before any damage or theft occurs. Sirens sound for 90 seconds only so they do not disturb local residents, but sound long enough to deter the intruder.
- In less than 2 minutes from the intruder setting off the alarm, our control room staff have watched the video, confirmed there is an intruder and have sent a rapid response guard and police to the site.
Man or Machine
If you pay over £10 per hour for a static guard, there is a good chance that it is his only job. If you are paying £8.50 per hour for a static guard then chances are good that he has another job during the day and this gig is to get some extra cash.
Even with the higher priced services, your guard has a nice warm cabin, a mobile phone, maybe even a laptop and even if he is not sleeping half the night, he is unlikely to patrol your site half as often as the provider tells you he does. After all, it’s cold and dark outside. How do we know this? Because we know a lot of guarding companies around the UK and we hear this from them frighteningly often.
The RaiderVision temporary site security system never sleeps, never takes a break, never arrives late and is always on the lookout for intruders. Supported by our excellent technicians and control room staff we know that every camera on every system is working properly at all times and are notified within 2 minutes if any single camera has an issue and requires an engineer visit.
Still not convinced that you probably don’t need a static guard? Call us now and challenge us to convince you why our RaiderVision solution can be the best option for the security of your site!
Of course, if you don’t want that Porsche…..